ITEC Unit 22 – Business Conduct
This course is open to people who would like to gain a recognized qualification in Professional Conduct & Business Awareness & Client Care.
This course is also open to people who would just like to study business for the Holistic Therapist.
Upon completion you will have an understanding of how to register and run your career as a business. The course will give details of all that the student needs to be aware of with regard to legal legislation and local government requirements.
- Choosing the type of business (Sole Trader, Partnerships, Company)
- Registering your business
- Health & Safety, fire prevention
- Data Protection Act and other relevant Acts
- Room preparation
- Working options (working from an established centre, working from home, etc.)
- Tax returns and keeping accounts
- Good working relationships
- Contract of employment
- Employer Responsibilities
- Stock control
- Retail service
- Role of a receptionist
- Advertising, marketing and networking
- Giving talks or demonstration/health fairs
- Choosing a business location
- Client Care & Handling
ITEC Business Module: (can be taken as home study module also)
February 2020: Friday 07 (7-10pm) & Saturday 08 (10am-6.00pm)
October 2020 : Friday 16 (7-10pm) & Saturday 17 (9am-6.30pm)
ITEC courses continue despite COVID-19
ITEC have adapted quickly to the new COVID-19 situation:
- Exam formats have been adapted so that we can still hold exams – via Zoom.
- All our current ITEC courses are now coming to completion via Zoom. We have not cancelled, or even delayed, any ITEC courses.
- The next courses will commence soon via Zoom.
- We will deliver all the theory training first, as this works very well over Zoom. Theory classes are lectures, so you can get just as much learning via Zoom as you can in a class.
- We have worked out procedures for teaching the practical skills via Zoom. These have been approved by ITEC.
- ITEC now allow all exams via Zoom.
Sheridan Insurances have been involved in providing Professional Indemnity Solutions for those involved in Complementary Therapies for over 10 years. The Scheme has been developed to provide a wider form of cover than is generally available in the insurance market and offers unrivaled protection for your therapeutic or consulting work.
43 College Street, Cavan, Co. Cavan, Tel: 0818 27 9955, 049 438 0020
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.sheridaninsurances.com/complementary-therapy.asp
Brian Mullins Insurance Brokers
Provides all types of Public Liability, Malpractice and Treatment Risk Cover. Under the Beauty and Complementary Health Therapists Schemes, they can currently provide cover for over 130 different treatments. They also represent some of Ireland’s leading Complementary and Holistic Therapist Associations under their Group Schemes – with clients seeing their membership numbers grow substantially as a result of offering their Insurance Policy.
OBF Insurance Group Ltd
Ireland’s longest established provider of insurance for Counselors, Psychotherapists and practitioners of Alternative Therapies – providing a tailored policy to cover customers for Malpractice and Public Liability.