Introduction to the Psychology and Philosophy of Carl Jung
9-week evening course
May 8, 2023 – July 3, 2023
2 hours, every Monday, via Zoom
Carl Jung is one of the most influential psychologists in history. His discoveries are fundamental to many complementary and spiritual therapies.
Jung’s work shows the importance of spirituality for human well-being.
Jung discovered the underlying patterns which all religions share and how they reveal the inner dynamics of the human mind. Understanding Jung enables us to understand many aspects of society, to see the inner truths all religions share, and to understand the psychological crises many people suffer from in this modern world. An understanding of the theories of Carl Jung is essential for a holistic understanding of the person.
Jung’s insights are seen in the design of Tarot cards, many spiritual beliefs and our modern understandings of how the mind works, the importance of myth and legend, and the dynamics of human societies.
This course will provide a quick and easy overview of Jung’s amazing insights. It assumes no prior knowledge.
The course covers the main elements of Jung’s wide-ranging discoveries. The course will include practical exercises in Jung’s most important techniques for self-discovery.
“The tagline got me – ‘intellectually curious‘. I heard of Jung and knew a bit about his archetypes and shadow-self theories. I have also been running into many more events on various issues regarding synchronicity and have wanted to learn more about this aspect since Jung coined the phrase and the belief. I’ve also taken other courses with Owen and learned years ago – you follow the professor! Owen put substantial research, time, and effort into pulling this course together. The slides were very helpful. This course would apply to a very wide audience. Very pleased and happy; thank you for sharing your knowledge.” – Michelle M.
- Jung’s life, Jung and Freud, Jung’s books
- The structure and dynamics of the human mind
- The collective unconscious, archetypes & symbols
- The path to self-realisation (3 classes)
- Dynamics of mental energy
- Mythology, religion & spirituality (2 classes)
All classes are recorded so you can re-watch or catch up if you miss one.
Therapists – Continuing Professional Development
This course is sometimes used by students, especially psychotherapists, for their continuing professional development requirements. This can require additional documentation on the course in order to be accepted. If you plan to use this course for your continuing professional development, and require additional documentation, we can provide this for you.
DATES (9 classes, every Monday)
- 08 May 2023 Jung’s life, Jung and Freud – from best friends to bitter enemies
- 15 May 2023 The structure and dynamics of the human mind
- 22 May 2023 The Collective Unconscious, Archetypes & Symbols
- 29 May 2023 The path to self-realisation – Life Stages
- 05 June 2023 The path to self-realisation – Ego and Shadow
- 12 June 2023 The path to self-realisation – The Higher Self, The Anima & The Senex
- 19 June 2023 Dynamics of mental energy
- 26 June 2023 Mythology, religion & spirituality – Psychological Processes
- 03 July 2023 Mythology, religion & spirituality – Cultural Impact
The classes start at 7pm IST (Ireland & UK), 21:00 CEST, 2pm EDT, 12pm MDT, 11am PDT
If you live in a different time zone, please check your local start time at https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
About the Tutor
This course is taught by Dr. Owen Roberts, PhD. Owen has three degrees in Western Philosophy and has studied Jung’s work extensively. He has used Jung’s techniques for self-discovery for most of his life. Owen incorporates Jungian techniques throughout his shamanic and Tarot training courses.
How do I book a place?
In order to book a place please REGISTER by clicking the REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE button.
You can check your booking, then click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
Methods of payment
- Card – via the website.
- Paypal – if you have a Paypal account. Paypal will also let you make a card payment without a Paypal account.
- Google Pay – if you are currently logged into your Google or Gmail account, this option will be offered to you.
- Apple Pay – if you have an Apple account, this option will be offered to you.
A place on the course cannot be guaranteed without payment.
You can pay in dollars, Euros or pounds. The website will automatically convert prices into your local currency. You can also change currency with the button on the bottom left of the webpage.
Create an Account
You have the option to create an account with us. This will save you from putting in all your details the next time you book a course.
Remember your card details
If you create an account, you can get the system to remember your card details for next time. We do not hold your card details. They are held by the card processing company (Stripe). The system cannot hold your card details unless you create an account.
Don’t want to pay online?
If you are uncomfortable paying online, you can phone the office (046 90 60 600) and they will make the booking for you and take your card details over the phone.