February 2024: Tuesday 20 (theory) & Tuesday 27 (practical), 7-10pm-Via Zoom
Cost: €195 Discounted to €180.00 for return learners & members of professional associations, (use the code professional on the balance payment only at the checkout if eligible for the discounted fee) – balance fee must be paid 21 days prior to start of course.
A recognized Diploma in Reflexology is required in order to attend this course.
The aim of this course is to train you to the highest level so that you can be confident to work with ID clients. Upon completion of the training you will have a detailed and broad knowledge of working in this wonderful and beautiful area of Reflexology and you will have gained many advanced techniques for treating various age groups.
“I found the course was ran very well over the two evenings via zoom, The support of the videos on Moodle are excellent with individual videos of particular techniques. Having access for a minimum of 12 months is truly excellent, other trainings do not have this facility and it changes everything , it also made me so much more confident knowing I had that facility. I found the course very informative & enjoyable . I am so looking forward to trying out the new techniques . The teacher knew her subject so well, she was helpful when people had questions, she was excellent at explaining everything. I found this course very enjoyable & would recommend to anyone looking to gain knowledge in special needs reflexology. I thought the duration of the course was excellent and everyone had time and individual attention. Majella’s inspiration of creating the brain balance technique is so profound. Thank you, thank you, thank you” Lorraine Reflexologist
- The theory of ID Reflexology and how it actually works for client’s with Intellectual Difficulties
- The benefits and effect of ID Reflexology
- Investigating the medical causes, symptoms, effects and treatment of various ID conditions
- Investigating learning disabilities and other conditions
- Contraindications and Common Ailments
- Appropriate Legislation – legal requirements for working with Reflexology ID for all age groups
- Learning about various patterns of behaviour that may present for the ID client in general and during treatments. How to deal with various behaviour
- Understanding the ID client and their way of being in the world. Learning to communicate with your ID client from non-verbal ability to various abilities of communication.
- Reading the Feet/Visual observations of the feet- specific to a client with ID
- Record Keeping – the laws involved and how to keep appropriate records
- Suggested ID Reflexology Routine (taking all ages, time available and level of challenge into consideration)
- Useful Websites and Resources & government regulations
- Consultation Form & consent forms for a Minor with ID- sample provided
- Consultation Form for an adult with ID –sample provided
- Adapting chair/room/plinth to suit the various needs of the client
- New Reflexology techniques and special energetic reflexology techniques for calming and assisting your ID client
- Common ID health conditions and how to treat with reflexology
- Practical demonstration and practice – (50% of the class) including new and unique and practical techniques
- Learn how to make an attention/fun ‘goodies bag’ for the use of your client during the treatment
- Practical Reflexology – Learn a complete reflexology treatment to include taking consultation, greeting and reading the feet, the actually treatment methods, hand holds, pressure adapted to suit the client, completion and relaxation techniques. Adapting reflexology for specific conditions.
- Client Care & Professional Conduct – Learning how to work with ID clients, creating a safe healing space, meeting the clients and guardian’s needs, communication skills, personal well-being while working with children, children with special needs, developing your therapists relationship with the child, referral procedures.
- Business Practice – health & safety, hygiene, insurance, gaining consent, special requirements, communication, Insurance and legal considerations, record keeping.
“This is an amazing course and a must have for all Reflexologists in my opinion.
The routine Majella has devised ensures that no matter how long a client can remain focused on the treatment they will get an excellently balanced treatment. The course is planned with the individual client in mind and offers great suggestions as to how to ease the client into the treatment and help them to adjust and relax. Majella is very insightful and knowledgeable in the area of ID and the theory class was presented in a clear and concise manner. The course manual is well laid out and easy to follow. Majella also offers ongoing access to the instructional videos for at least 1 year post course.” Ann McL. Reflexologist
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Post Graduate Certificate in Reflexology for Special Needs.
You will have access to our extensive manual with professional foot charts and a lovely professional Certificate. You will have access to our videos of teachings and treatments on Moodle (for a minimum of 12 months).
This course is recognized by the IRI (Irish Reflexologists Institute), NNRI, AOR and other associations
Course Fee: €195.00 (discount to return learners and those who are registered with the above professional associations – use the code professional at the checkout (on the balance payment only) if you are eligible for this discount).
How do I book a place?
BOOK a place by clicking the REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE button.
You can check your booking, then click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
Methods of payment
- Card – via the website.
- Paypal – if you have a Paypal account. Paypal will also let you make a card payment without a Paypal account.
- Google Pay – if you are currently logged into your Google or Gmail account, this option will be offered to you.
- Apple Pay – if you have an Apple account, this option will be offered to you.
A place on the course cannot be guaranteed without payment.
You can pay in US dollars, Euros, British pounds or 5 other currencies. The website will automatically convert prices into your local currency. You can also change currency with the CHANGE CURRENCY button on the left of the webpage.
Create an Account
You have the option to create an account with us. This will save you from putting in all your details the next time you book a course.
Remember your card details
If you create an account, you can get the system to remember your card details for next time. We do not hold your card details. They are held by the card processing company (Stripe). The system cannot hold your card details unless you create an account.
Don’t want to pay online?
If you are uncomfortable paying online, you can phone the office (046 90 60 600) and they will make the booking for you and take your card details over the phone.
Other Post-Graduate Reflexology Courses