Dates for Special Needs Reflexology 2022-LIVE ZOOM TRAINING
Live interactive & supervised training. You can gain insurance and CPD.
March: Tuesday 2nd (Zoom Theory Class) – (7-10pm)
March: Wednesday 3rd (Zoom Practical Class) -(7-10pm)
This course is 50% practically based and 50% theory so you will perform and receive the ID reflexology experience.
The first class is the extensive theory of the Reflexology , the second class is Practical.
You will have a person to work on at home if possible.
You will have access to videos of the techniques and the treatment also via Moodle.
A recognized Diploma in Reflexology is required in order to attend this course.
The aim of this course is to train you to the highest level so that you can be confident to work with ID clients. Upon completion of the training you will have a detailed and broad knowledge of working in this wonderful and beautiful area of Reflexology and you will have gained many advanced techniques for treating various age groups.
- The theory of ID Reflexology and how it actually works for client’s with Intellectual Difficulties
- The benefits and effect of ID Reflexology
- Investigating the medical causes, symptoms, effects and treatment of various ID conditions
- Investigating learning disabilities and other conditions
- Contraindications and Common Ailments
- Appropriate Legislation – legal requirements for working with Reflexology ID for all age groups
- Learning about various patterns of behaviour that may present for the ID client in general and during treatments. How to deal with various behaviour
- Understanding the ID client and their way of being in the world. Learning to communicate with your ID client from non-verbal ability to various abilities of communication.
- Reading the Feet/Visual observations of the feet- specific to a client with ID
- Record Keeping – the laws involved and how to keep appropriate records
- Suggested ID Reflexology Routine (taking all ages, time available and level of challenge into consideration)
- Useful Websites and Resources & government regulations
- Consultation Form & consent forms for a Minor with ID- sample provided
- Consultation Form for an adult with ID –sample provided
- Adapting chair/room/plinth to suit the various needs of the client
- New Reflexology techniques and special energetic reflexology techniques for calming and assisting your ID client
- Common ID health conditions and how to treat with reflexology
- Practical demonstration and practice – (50% of the class) including new and unique and practical techniques
- Learn how to make an attention/fun ‘goodies bag’ for the use of your client during the treatment
- Practical Reflexology – Learn a complete reflexology treatment to include taking consultation, greeting and reading the feet, the actually treatment methods, hand holds, pressure adapted to suit the client, completion and relaxation techniques. Adapting reflexology for specific conditions.
- Client Care & Professional Conduct – Learning how to work with ID clients, creating a safe healing space, meeting the clients and guardian’s needs, communication skills, personal well-being while working with children, children with special needs, developing your therapists relationship with the child, referral procedures.
- Business Practice – health & safety, hygiene, insurance, gaining consent, special requirements, communication, Insurance and legal considerations, record keeping.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Post Graduate Certificate in Reflexology for Special Needs.
You will receive an extensive manual with professional foot charts and lovely professional Certificate.
This course is recognized by the IRI (Irish Reflexologists Institute), NNRI, AOR and other associations
Course Fee: €165.00
Discounted fee to IRIL, NNRI, AOR, FHT member’s course fee is €150.00
Mary Fox is an ITEC approved lecturer. She works full time with special needs clients and has her own training room in center. Mary’s work with ID client’s has been for many years and she is very experienced and effective in her treatments. Mary is an extremely advanced and knowledgeable reflexologist. We are delighted to have her first hand expertise and extensive first-hand knowledge.
Booking – How do I book a place?
In order to book a place click the REGISTER button. This will add the course to your shopping cart. From there you can fill in your details and tell us how you would like to pay.
Methods of payment
You can pay by any method which you prefer. We will email you a booking receipt which contains the instructions for your choice.
- Card – via the website online (you do not need a Paypal account), we are using paypal as a method but you do not have to have an account you can pay that way by card.
- Telephone – if you are not comfortable paying by card online, we can telephone you and take your card details over the phone or you may phone us directly on 046 9060600. This option is not available for Installment Payments.
- Cash – you may arrange to call to the school to pay in person, it is best to telephone first
- Cheque or postal order: You may post to Green Tara College, Tara House, Top Floor, 28/29 Trimgate Lane, Navan, Co. Meath. C15 W8NY. You may wish to register post especially if it is a postal order. Make the payment out to Green Tara College.
A place on the course cannot be guaranteed without payment.
Other Post-Graduate Reflexology Courses