January special offer to support people as the cost of living increases!
a gift to you from Green Tara College!
only €995.00 ! save €500.00 !! normally €1690.00- only 4 places left!
Do you still want to avail of this amazing opportunity? The massage aspects does not start till Saturday 18 February, contact Majella, book now
Option 1: Autumn Massage October to April 2023- you are welcome to still join
Dates-Autumn massage Course October -5-10-mf 2022–click on the link for dates
Option 2: Fast Track Massage – January 2023-April 2023
Option 3: Summer Course – June 2023 to December 2023
Dates further down page
Pay in full below
Pay in installments below
At Green Tara College we teach a fabulous in-depth deep tissue healing massage using Swedish massage techniques which can be used for many ailments especially for deep healing and relaxation. Many of the techniques and methods of applying this massage have been developed and streamlined by Majella during her 30 years of experience. This treatment that we will teach you , in comparison to others, is without doubt a deluxe holistic massage.
Our sincere aim is to encourage each individual student therapist to develop your own natural skills and gifts to enable you to use your gifts to streamline treatments to your individual client’s needs, be they family, friends and/or the professional client.
We also teach from a spiritual & holistic perspective for anybody who is interested in developing skills to tune into your client’s needs – physically, emotionally and mentally, bringing to them the treatment that best meets their needs. You can take away what works for you on an individual level. You will truly notice the difference in an energetic massage treatment.
Holistic massage is a deeply relaxing massage experience that treats the mind, body and spirit. It is one of the most popular forms of massage offering a beautiful, relaxing and nurturing treatment. The massage is a complete full body massage to include: legs, back, abdomen, feet, hands, face, head, shoulders, neck, and upper torso.
Our ITEC Holistic Massage course is focused on bringing a deep nurturing treatment to your client. While students learn all of the syllabus – from the workings of muscles to understanding the Anatomy of the body to giving a wonderful deep massage – the training is truly holistic at Green Tara College.
- Hands-on full body massage incorporating the classical Swedish massage movements of effleurage, petrissage, tapotement, friction and vibration
- In-depth practical training
- History and principles of Massage – including benefits
- 20 hours of case histories
- Common ailments and contraindications
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Business Awareness & Professionalism
- Professional Conduct & Client Care
- Energy Management and the Mind, Body & Spirit Connection
- Exploring and understanding the Holistic Approach
- Study Aid Class
- Examination Preparation Classes
Upon completion of the course, students will be qualified to carry out a holistic full body massage as an Holistic Therapist. The student will have acquired the skills to communicate and facilitate the client in consultation. The student will have an ingrained knowledge of energy management.
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage
- Green Tara College Diploma in Holistic Massage
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
- ITEC Diploma in Professional Conduct & Client Care
- ITEC Certificate in Covid Hygiene
- Green Tara College Certificate in Energy Management
Equipment you will need
The College will provide all necessary teaching equipment. – The equipment you will need is minimal and includes:
- Large ring binder folder to hold A4 Sheets
- Clip Board
- Hair ties and hair band (for all practical massage only)
- No jewellery except wedding band (for all practical massage only)
- 4 large black bath sheet towels, 4 black hand towels (for all practical massage only – you can use any colour for class but they must be the correct size)
- One massage table cover – available to buy at Green Tara
- Professional Therapist Uniform – Black therapist tunic (Guiney’s in Dublin, Diamond Design, Co. Monaghan, Salon Select in Navan) black trousers (wider leg) with a crease in the front and back (jeans, leggings, cords not allowed), fully covered sensible low heeled shoes, black socks. (All outer cardigans and T shirts must be black)
- Short nails (for all practical classes)
- Antibacterial hand wipes – Liddl have biodegradable wipes (for practical massage only)
- Hand Gel – antibacterial – (for all classes)
- Equipment wipes e.g. Dettol wipes or Lidl wipes (for all classes)
- An Introduction to Massage by Louise Tucker (pink book) – most recent edition
- An Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology by Louise Tucker – most recent edition
Qualification Requirements for Students to be awarded Certificates
Certificates will be awarded all together and cannot be awarded until all modules are completed. Students must be available for all the weekend modules.
- A 100% commitment is required
- Completion and submission of 20 Hours of Case Studies – please note that case studies must be typed, so access to a computer or a person who will type up assignments is a requirement
- One hour multiple choice examination paper in Holistic Massage – ITEC Unit 2
- One hour multiple choice examination paper in Anatomy & Physiology – ITEC Unit 1
- One hour multiple choice examination paper – Professional Conduct & Business Awareness – ITEC Unit 22
- One hour practical massage including a short oral examination
- Covid Hygiene Module – 15 mins. multiple choice paper
- Completion of Energy Management module
- Completion of Green Tara College course assignments.
- Continual Assessment of Course Work
- The compulsory modules for this Diploma (unless exempt) are Holistic Massage, Professional Conduct & Business Awareness and Energy Management.
Enrollment and entry qualifications
- Students must have a caring and helpful disposition with a desire to learn more about the holistic field and way of being. They must be dedicated to their own personal growth and well being.
- Have an acceptable knowledge & capability of written and oral English.
- Places are awarded following a College Interview only via telephone or face to face.
- You are very welcome to arrange to come along and visit us – we advise this as you get a sense of the College and the learning environment – just give Majella a telephone 0868635241.
- To Enroll – Pay the deposit via the website (you do not need to have a pay pal account to do this). When we receive your booking, we will be in touch with you to fill in forms and instructions etc.
Previous Credits Awards: Certification previously gained in any of the above modules can be credited towards your training and you do not have to repeat the relevant course. Please scan in the qualification and email in when you enroll – Please note that students must otherwise attend all the modules unless a previous recognized qualification in a particular module is held.
Your training options
ITEC Holistic Massage requires ITEC Anatomy & Physiology & ITEC Business Awareness. If you already have either of these, you do not need to sit them again unless your qualification is over 3 years. Some external qualifications in these subjects may be accepted, but you will need to check with us first. Please scan in your Certificate and email it in when you book the course.
Option 1 – Everything – €1495.00 + €195.00 exam fee January sale 995.00 + exam fee = save €500.00
- ITEC Holistic Massage Diploma
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
- ITEC Professional Conduct & Business Awareness – Unit 22
- Certificate in Energy Management – free course!
Further options are available only if you hold recognized previous qualifications:
Option 2 – not including Anatomy & Physiology – €995.00 + €195.00
- ITEC Holistic Massage Diploma
- Professional Conduct & Business Awareness – Unit 22
- Certificate in Energy Management – free course!
How do I book a place?
In order to book a place please REGISTER by clicking the REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE button.
You can check your booking, then click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
Methods of payment
- Card – via the website.
- Paypal – if you have a Paypal account. Paypal will also let you make a card payment without a Paypal account.
- Google Pay – if you are currently logged into your Google or Gmail account, this option will be offered to you.
- Apple Pay – if you have an Apple account, this option will be offered to you.
A place on the course cannot be guaranteed without payment.
You can pay in dollars, Euros or pounds. The website will automatically convert prices into your local currency. You can also change currency with the button on the bottom left of the webpage.
Create an Account
You have the option to create an account with us. This will save you from putting in all your details the next time you book a course.
Remember your card details
If you create an account, you can get the system to remember your card details for next time. We do not hold your card details. They are held by the card processing company (Stripe). The system cannot hold your card details unless you create an account.
Don’t want to pay online?
If you are uncomfortable paying online, you can phone the office (046 90 60 600) and they will make the booking for you and take your card details over the phone.
Summer Massage 2023
This course is aimed for beginners to those already qualified in holistic therapies. You can also take the course and spread out the training and choose exam dates. You will be taking the practical & theory massage exams in December 2023. You can take all the exams then if ready or spread out some of the theory to take in 2023 so that the course is flexible for you.
Autumn Massage Course October 2022-April 2023
Massage Module – Class Dates -Wednesday evenings, mostly, (7-10pm)
October: 05, 19,
November: 16, 30 & Saturday 05 inhouse (10am – 6pm)
January: 18 & Saturday 21 January (10am – 6pm)
March: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29 & Sunday 26 March inhouse (exam preparation)
April: 12, 26, & Saturday 15 & Sunday 23 (10am-6pm inhouse- official pre-assessments)
Anatomy & Physiology Mostly Wednesdays (7-10pm)- via Zoom live classes
October: 12 (Introduction) / October 26 (Cell & Tissues)
November: 09 (Skeletal system) // November 23 (Muscular system)
December: 07 (Cardiovascular system) & December 11 Sunday, full day with breaks starts 9.00am (Digestive/Respiratory/Skin/Lymphatic systems)
January: 11 (Nervous system)// January 25 (Endocrine system)
February 08: ((Reproductive system) // February 22 (Urinary system)
March 08: Nails/eyes/ears
April 05 – (review & exam preparation class 7-10pm-recorded also)
Energy Management & Energetic applications of your therapy – via zoom
January 2023: Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 – Times: 9am-6.30pm both days
Professionalism & Legality for the Holistic therapist- via zoom
October 2022: Friday 14 (6-10pm) & Saturday 15 (9.00am-6.00pm) (we recommend this option)
or February 2023: Friday 10 (6-10:00pm) & Saturday 11 (9am-6.00pm)
Examinations- ITEC final assessments
April 2023: Sunday 23 -inhouse & Saturday 29 (theory via zoom) & Sunday 30 (practical’s inhouse) – (to be confirmed by ITEC nearer the time)
ITEC Massage Summer Course Dates:
June to December 2022
Massage Module Class Dates 2022- inhouse
(Times: 9.30am-6pm) Saturdays:
June 25 // July 23 // August 27// September 10 // October 22 //November 12 & Sunday 27// December 04
Energy Management & Energetic applications of your therapy – completely compulsory
VIA ZOOM – September 2022: Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 (9.30-6.30pm)
ITEC Professional Conduct & Business skills for the successful therapist- via lZOOM – may be home study
October 2022: Friday 14 (6-10pm) & Saturday 15 (9.00am-6.00pm) or home study.
Anatomy Module – via Zoom – may be home studied also- join a live tutor class or take a pre-recorded class when you choose – your choice!
July 09 – Lymphatic & immune system
July 10 – Tissues & Cell
July 24 – Full day class-(Endocrine & Reproductive & Urinary systems & Skin) 09:00am-6:00pm
August 20 – Nervous System
August 21 – Skeletal system
September 03 – Digestive & Respiratory system (09:00-4:00pm)
September 11 – Muscular system
October 09 – Cardiovascular system
December 06 – Exam preparation class Tuesday (7-10pm)
Official final assessments & Examinations & final submission of course work
December: Sunday 04 – Official pre-assessments
December: Saturday 10 (theory) & Sunday 11(practicals) – Final ITEC official assessments (TBC by ITEC)
Course Option 2 – Fast Track Massage
Starting now January 2023 – finish April 2023
Massage theory & practical – Module 1 – Theory
January 2023: Energy Management – Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 (10:00am-6pm) – if taking exam in April 2023
February: Saturday 18 & Saturday 25 – (Times: 9.00 am – 6.00 pm)
March: Saturday 11 & Saturday 25 – (Times: 9.00 am – 6.00 pm)
April: Saturday 01 & Saturday 15 – (Times: 9.00 am – 6.00 pm)
April: Sunday 23 (pre-assessments)
April: Saturday 29 (written assessments) & Sunday 30 (practical assessments) – (Times: 9.00 am – 6.00 pm)
Zoom Business Module:
February 2023: Friday 10 (6-10pm) & Saturday 11 (9am-6.00pm)-if taking exam in April 2023
October 2023: Friday 13 (6-10pm) & Saturday 14 (9am-6.00pm)-if taking exam in December 2023
Zoom Energy Management & Psychology – full attendance mandatory in order to sit exams
January 2023: Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 (10:00am-6pm) – if taking exam in April 2023
September 2023: Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 (10:00am-6pm) – if taking exam in December 2023
ITEC written & practical assessments:
April Sunday 23 (pre-assessments) & Saturday 29 (written assessments) & Sunday 30 (practical assessments) – (Times: 9.00 am – 6.00 pm)
If you do not hold anatomy already.
You may attend a variety of classes or self study with our online system.
All classes are pre-recorded. You can take your anatomy exam in April or take it in December 2023 so you are not under pressure