We are delighted to offer this deep, authentic, powerful and incredibly beautiful soul tradition.
A two-year training program:
- Combining techniques from multiple shamanic traditions – Core Shamanism, African Shamanism, Quechuan Shamanism (Peru)
- Multiple initiations to build your power and abilities. Traditional Quechuan initiations from the P’aqo Nan (“Path of the Shaman”) from the Andean Mountains of Peru.
- Training in many shamanic techniques, including psychic surgery, extractions, soul retrieval, ancestral healing, family curses, land and house healings, calling directions, divination, fire ceremony, illuminations, death rites, psychic protection, astral vision, journeying into spirit realms, active (verbal) spirit communication, form alliances with spirits of nature (mountains, trees, rivers, etc).
- Acquire multiple spirit allies to help you in your life and in your shamanic work.
- Build a powerful medicine bundle to enhance your power and abilities.
This a complete training course program in shamanism which will enable anybody who chooses to work as a shamanic practitioner and gain professional insurance to practice and also for those who wish to learn shamanism for personal use.
Complete Shaman Training Program
- Foundation – 12 weeks [details].
- Intermediate – 1 year [details].
- Advanced – 1 year [details].
- Optional advanced 2-3 month modules are available once training is completed.
Andean & Celtic Shamanic Training
We offer the teachings of the Q’ero Indians of Peru which we have incorporated with our own Celtic traditions. We also incorporate elements of many other shamanic traditions as taught to us.
The Q’ero are the direct descendants of the shamanic healers and teachers of the Inca Empire. When the Inca Empire was conquered by the Spanish, they were left untouched in the High Andes, hidden from the world for 500 years in a network of villages above 14,000 feet. It is only since the 1970’s that they have established contact with the Western world. Since then they have been bringing their original teachings, untainted by the modern world, to us. The high point of a civilization based upon shamanic principles, Q’ero teachings bring a deep and ancient wisdom to our modern problems.
We have been privileged to study directly with some of the Q’ero elders, including Don Sebastian, Donna Maria, Pappa Don Humberto, and Don Martine, receiving key initiations which produce powerful energy shifts and awaken new forms of awareness and power. We have been granted permission by the Q’ero to pass on these teachings and initiations. It is our privilege to now offer these to you.
Through wisdom founded on the teachings of the ancient Inka Q’ero Shamans, through initiations and rites of passage, through individual and group healing, through connection with ancient sacred sites, through a marrying of the Celtic and Q’ero traditions and through sacred ceremony we will walk a Medicine Path of deep healing and transformation.
Shamanism is the same in every culture – it is the basis of human spirituality. Yet each tradition has something unique to offer. We will add to the blend of wisdom teachings and practices learned from working in partnership with other shaman from Peru, North America, Mongolia, South Africa and Australia.
You will become more connected to your own sacred ancestry, to the Q’ero traditions, to your spiritual shamanic ancestry and to the power of the land and the spirits of nature. If you let it, this work can transform your life and eventually allow you to know, or even change, your destiny.
When you have completed the Medicine Path you will be fully competent and capable of working with clients in practice and walking the path of the earth – “the beauty way.”
What will you do in this training?
- Learn to walk the path of inner knowing and wisdom
- Learn the craft of energy healing medicine
- Learn ancient medicine teachings
- Develop psychic awareness
- Connect with angels
- Receive guidance and wisdom from the Cosmos itself
- Destiny work – discover your true self and your life’s callings
- Take trips to places of power and how to work with them
- Learn to hear the voices of nature. The trees, clouds and waters talk to us, learn to hear their voices and respond.
- Discover how to bring the power and healing of these ancient practices into your daily life
- Learn to walk the earth sacredly
- Become your own soul friend
- To be able to say “I have found who I truly am, I know and have experienced the wisdom of my soul, I have followed the path of my heart. I have followed the path of walking in beauty and harmony upon the earth and between the worlds.”
- Learn to release that within yourself which does not serve you
- Learn to walk always protected in this realm and all others
- Learn to heal past lives and family curses
- Learn to create a greater destiny for yourself
- Work with mythology and symbolism
- Learn to carry a medicine bundle and learn to work with it
- The opportunity to connect with and deepen your connection to the earth and all that live with us – ‘to walk upon the earth with beauty’
Once you have completed the Medicine Path, advanced courses become available which enable you to build upon this foundation. Further training enables you to develop expertise in specialised shamanic techniques such as soul retrieval and destiny work. Many therapists of all forms bring this into their counselling and therapy practices, weave it with reflexology, massage, reiki etc.
Our style of teaching shamanism
The work that we teach comes from the heart and is rooted in groundedness, it is not dramatic or showy. All the techniques can be used quietly and discretely or in a shamanic setting, depending on the needs of those you work with.
- The space that we create and hold is a safe space of nurturing and one of non-judgment.
- We teach with a strong emphasis on energy protection and thus understanding psychic energy underlies the core teaching
- We do not get wrapped in story but focus on the shedding, release and healing
- All of the teaching is guided by, and dedicated to, spirit. We spend time in ceremony and meditation when working to integrate and bring this training to you.
- We are actively working with the Q’ero P’aqos (shaman). We are learning new techniques from them never known before. As we learn these new techniques, we feed them into the training programs.
We aim to attract Students that are –
- Dedicated to their personal growth
- Students that are curious
- Students that already have some training but seek to know more and understand more
- People who want to learn to connect with the sacred power places, such as the Hill of Tara, and gain wisdom from them
- People that just feel drawn to come to the workshops and don’t know why!
- Complete beginners
- People already trained in this field and looking to learn deeper techniques
- People already trained in core shamanism and wish to further their skills to more effective working techniques
- People that are already working in the complementary field
- People that are trained as psychotherapists and counselors
- Shamanic healers who feel that they need more working methods to enhance their practice, something is missing?
- Shamanic practitioners that wish to connect and work with an ancient shamanic lineage
The training and the personal working experience of this training will help you to open up to the ‘seer’ within. You will learn to use your extra-sensory skills (seeing, feeling, knowing, hearing, visionary) in a wide variety of ways. Every step of the training helps to open and awaken your intuitive sense. You will receive powerful traditional Andean initiations that will enable you to do the following:
- See Auric fields
- Awaken and develop your innate psychic abilities
- Awaken and develop gifts and abilities from other lives
- See imprints and damage on Auric fields
- See past lives for yourself and others
- Learn to do stone readings for divination
- Learn to use your seer’s gifts for divination
- Learn to track areas of illness and energy blocks
- Learn to identify and communicate with angels, spirit guides and helpers
- Learn to see what needs to be removed or healed from the energy fields
- Learn to bring ancestral healing with the gifts of seeing.
- Learn to bring healing to the earth and all the world
- Learn to bring these gifts to your other skills be it counselling, reflexology, psychotherapy, reiki, massage , sports massage and all other complementary and alternative medicine
- Learn to bring these skills into your daily life and walk as a seer whether it is from buying a house, to choosing the right career path everything from minor to major decisions on all the levels (practical, physical, energetic, emotional, mental, spiritual)
The Shaman believes that “we dream our world into being” – that we can change our destiny. As we heal ourselves within the core structure of the training, we begin to bring our own inner light to the earth so we walk a sacred path as luminous light beings. During the Medicine Path we clear our past so we can walk into the future and create a destiny far greater.
Already Working as a Therapist:
If you are already working in any area of the complementary field you will find that this training will complement your professional work. It will bring you to a greater awareness of the healing processes as you learn the energetic principles of ‘healing’ and how to work directly with energy. This work will truly add to your abilities in working with clients – from seeking what best serves them in a treatment to using the techniques within treatment and to understanding clients. In the field of counselling and psychotherapy you will find the techniques are invaluable to working with your clients and helping them to empower themselves. (see Majella’s story at end for personal witness)
Already Trained in Shamanism
If you have trained in core shamanism or taken other workshops you are more than welcome and may be able to skip some sections of the training. This course will be a move forward into deeper shamanic work and bring you many extra skills and initiations enhancing the skills you already have. Our aim is for each person to identify and develop their own way of working, to find this energy healer, practitioner within themselves and to grow their abilities to their highest levels. You will find through the initiations and rites of passage that you will come away with an extremely nurturing, gentle but powerful tools at your disposal. Through the initiations to the ancient Q’ero lineage you will have many allies in your work.
Despachos (or in Quechuan “Haiwariqui“) are a major part of the shamanic work of the Q’ero P’aqo’s (shaman) of Peru. Despacho ceremony is therefore an important element of our training. Owen Roberts studied traditional despacho work under Peruvian P’aqo (shaman) Don Sebastian for 8 years, learning many traditional despacho formats. You will learn to create both traditional and creative despachos.
What You can Do with the Training
- This work is not just about being a practitioner – it’s firstly about personal healing, personal empowerment, it makes you more self aware, self empowered, gives you confidence, improves your health and overall empowers you in your life in every way.
- Self healing ‘to bring healing to the world it is important to start from a place close to you (yourself!), do not start from something distant such as philosophy or logic’
- Daily practice in your life
- Healing for loved ones
- Healing for animals
- Practitioner healing – you will be trained to bring this work to clients so you can work professionally
- Add this training to your present skills and integrate it
- Bring this work to the corporate world if you work in that field
- Work with people who are in respite and also learn to bring healing and assistance to a loved one or clients who is in the process of passing over.
Further Possibilities with the Training
Once we have completed the medicine wheel and also during the year we will have further training and specialised work in the following available:
- Advanced shamanic divination techniques using tarot, stones, crystals, I Ching etc.
- Specialise in Despacho work
- Specialise in Soul Retrieval
- Specialize in protection and clearing work
- Incorporate the training with your own work to become an all round “energy healer”
- Specialise in plant and herb medicine – learn to bring this work to nutritional and herbal remedies
Dr. Owen Roberts, PhD
Originally of Welsh origin, Owen studied Core Shamanism in Australia and worked in the Aboriginal community. While in Australia he also studied Tarot, Hermeticism, Kabbalah and Jungian Psychoanalysis. He studied psychic healing at the London College of Psychic Studies. Having studied Tarot for over 35 years, Owen developed and teaches our highly successful Diploma in Professional Tarot Reading. Owen is a graduate and former employee of the USA’s Four Winds Shamanic Institute with certificates in Healing the Light Body, Soul Retrieval and Advanced Shamanism. Owen also has a PhD in Western Philosophy and a BPhil from the Pontifical University. Owen’s work has been to fuse traditional shamanism with the western traditions of Kabbalah, classical mythology and psychoanalysis.
Owen studied traditional Despacho ceremony under the Peruvian P’aqo (or shaman) Don Sebastian Apaza for 8 years and has received from him the 3 initiations of the Hatun Karpay Yannapa (or Great Lightning Initiation) which qualify him as a P’aqo in the Don Sebastian’s tradition. Owen was recently welcomed into the community of P’aqo’s by Don Humberto Soncco, the “Grandfather” P’aqo who inaugurated the President of Peru, Alejandro Toledo, on Machu Picchu in 2001.
I will take any course you teach! You have a wealth of knowledge and your courses are taught in a clear and thorough manner while fairly priced and packed with valuable resources. I most appreciate your professionalism and approachable teaching style (your honest, no bull shit, practical approach to teaching and your openness to questions and your patience and kindness to all students).” – Sarah
Majella Fagan, BA (Drama), BSc (Psychology)
Majella is the founder of Green Tara College and Holistic Therapy Centre. Majella is a long-established and well-known teacher within the Holistic field. She has worked with energy healing for over 17 years and is trained in various branches of Shamanism (Core training for 3 years), Celtic and Inca traditions (6 years), Four Winds Certified, South American and Native American traditions. Majella has been teaching and facilitating Shamanism and ceremonies for over 11 years and is dedicated to this work.
Personal witness – Majella Fagan:
“I had studied many therapies and been in personal healing for many years. Having taken the core shamanic training twice and working with it for many years I was thirsting for something more in depth and felt I needed to know more. I didn’t feel the working techniques were adequate enough for the growing needs of the work. When I took the six years of shamanic training with initiations from the Q’ero and the training in further shamanic techniques with Alberto Villoldo and The Four Winds, I found what I had been looking for. This is the most phenomenal work I have ever done and it brought to me deep, deep healing where at a crucial time in my life I finally cleared the heaviness of past issues and moved forward into a life of peace and higher destiny, here I learned to ‘dream my world into being.’ I can only say from my heart that I urge you if it feels right or you feel drawn to it to take this training. Alongside teaching Holistic Therapies, my main work is with Reiki and shamanism. I started with traditional Reiki and have found that the combination of the two traditions is a wealth of amazement and have found that the shamanic work brought me into deeper techniques and much more grounding. There is a wealth of joy, freedom and humility in walking this path which helps give us grace to aim to be a better person. In times of crisis it is my spiritual training and practice that has kept me together. Please feel free to give me a call or if you’d like to meet up and chat about it I’d be delighted.”
The details of the training program are as follows:
- The practitioner training has three stages:
- The Foundation stage is 12 weeks (12 classes) [details].
- The Intermediate stage is 1 year (37 classes, with August and Christmas holidays, etc) [details].
- The Advanced stage is 1 year (37 classes, with August and Christmas holidays, etc) [details].
- Optional additional 2-3 month modules are available once training is completed.
The full professional shamanic practitioner training path:
- Foundation in Shamanism – this course provides the main skills every shaman needs, such as how to build a working altar, how to build a medicine bundle, journeying into the spirit realms and acquiring your first spirit helper. You can skip the Foundation stage if you have already know how to journey into the spirit realms. Full details are at https://www.greentara.ie/zoom-shamanism/.
- Intermediate Shamanic Training takes these skills further and starts the personal development work necessary to work as a shaman with others. This includes traditional Q’ero initiations from Peru. These are designed to make you psychic, build protection into your energy field, and connect you with various cosmic powers. You learn the fundamentals of shamanic energy healing, such as extractions and illuminations, which are used in most shamanic healing sessions. Full details are at https://www.greentara.ie/intermediate-shamanism/
- Advanced Shamanic Training teaches you to use advanced healing techniques and how to run public events such as weddings. By half-way through this year you should have enough skills to take clients. There is a second optional year which goes into more advanced work, like combating sorcery and working with time. We are in on-going contact with the Q’ero and constantly learning new techniques from them. These are added to the Professional Training path as we learn them. Full details are at https://www.greentara.ie/advanced-shamanic-training/