The Most Comprehensive & Thorough Training in Ireland
Sports Injury & Swedish Massage
The ITEC Sports Massage training course is intended for those who wish to train to work with injuries and Sports Massage.
The course covers Sports Massage & the treatment of injuries in-depth.
The aim of this course is to train you to a very high level. By the end of this course you will have an extremely detailed and broad knowledge of Sports Massage
Students are presented with the theory and practice of Sports Massage – from pre-event, post-event and maintenance for treating sports injuries and acute stress.
Upon successfully completion you will be fully capable and confident of entering the world of the Professional Sports Massage Therapist with internationally recognized qualifications: ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage, Green Tara College Certificate in Energy Management & Awareness (optional choice).
For existing practitioners Sports Massage is an excellent addition to your present practitioner skills, thus widening the scope of potential clients for your clinical practice.
You have the option of attending the Energy Management weekend (no extra fee) and learning about the Holistic & spiritual aspect of being a therapist and the energetic impact of injuries and pain on the human body, mind & spirit. This weekend has a strong emphasis on personal development, energy protection and the understanding of ourselves –and thus our clients in ‘life’. It is a firm favourite with all students.
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology specific to Sports Massage
- Sports massage techniques
- Causes & effects of diseases and disorders and their effects on sports
- Principals of training and effects of overtraining
- Principals & effects of force and motions
- Principal of injury prevention & management
- Management & care of the spine, joints & limbs
- Rehabilitation training, principles of stretching, using mediums to support improvement
- Effects & symptoms of inflammation, scars, adhesion
- Contraindications & considerations to sports massage
- Treating injury treatment, pre-event, during/between event, post event, corrective, preventative, conditioning massages
- Plenty of practical & theory including case studies, examination and preparation classes
- Energy management, awareness, people skills and treating injuries from an energetic perspective (optional module)
Business and marketing skills are included so you can become fully equipped to earn a living within the Sports & Injuries field.
Course Schedule & Books
- Books: The Concise Book of Muscles Sports & Remedial Massage Therapy by Mel Cash
Holistic Massage & Anatomy Module: (you may be exempt if you already hold this module qualification)
see holistic massage page for 3 options to choose from.
- Energy Management: Optional – free course
- Case Studies: 5 people x 3 times = 15 hours – & actual time at sports events practicing your work
ITEC requires that you either already hold massage qualifications (not necessarily ITEC – can be from another College or FETAC etc.) e.g. a Diploma in Swedish Massage, or Holistic Massage, or ITEC Indian Head Massage, or take the following subjects with the Sports Massage course.
The ITEC Sports Massage Diploma level 3 and level 4 can be taken along with the ITEC Holistic Massage & Anatomy qualification, and the two link together exceptionally well and enhance the learning of each other.
The overall qualifications are as follows:
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage (Swedish)
- ITEC Diploma in Sports Therapy Level 5
- ITEC Diploma in Sports Injury Massage Level 6
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
- ITEC Certificate in Professional Holistic Business
- Green Tara College Certificate in Energy Management
- Green Tara College Diploma in Holistic Healing Massage and Sports
We offer special prices for all these qualifications – ITEC Diplomas in Sports Massage Level 3 & level 4 UK, Holistic Massage, Anatomy & Physiology, Business – Unit 22, Energy Management compulsory for holistic massage module.
ITEC courses continue despite COVID-19
ITEC have adapted quickly to the new COVID-19 situation:
- Exam formats have been adapted so that we can still hold exams – via Zoom.
- All our current ITEC courses are now coming to completion via Zoom. We have not cancelled, or even delayed, any ITEC courses.
- The next courses will commence soon via Zoom.
- We will deliver all the theory training first, as this works very well over Zoom. Theory classes are lectures, so you can get just as much learning via Zoom as you can in a class.
- We have worked out procedures for teaching the practical skills via Zoom. These have been approved by ITEC.
- ITEC now allow all exams via Zoom.
Please contact us for the latest dates
How do I book a place?
In order to book a place please REGISTER by clicking the REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE button.
You can check your booking, then click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
You can then select your method of payment.
Methods of payment
- Paypal – you do not need a Paypal account.
- Telephone – Debit or Credit Card. You will need to phone 046 90 60 600 with your card. We will take payment over the phone.
- Bank Transfer – If you select this option, the system will email our bank details to you. Please use your order number as the reference so we know you’ve paid. Your booking is not made until the money is received. This information will be on your booking receipt.
- Cheque – Please post a cheque to Green Tara College, Tara House, 1 Preston Place, 38 Trimgate Street, Navan, County Meath, Ireland. Your booking is not made until the money is received. This information will be on your booking receipt.
We regret we cannot hold places on courses for you until you have paid your deposit.